Situations marked as a violation of the guidelines must be reported immediately through internal reporting channels.
The complaint process is processed according to internal procedures while protecting the rights of the informer and the reported party. Under no circumstances shall reporting be a basis for revenge or intimidation against any employee. Violation of the Code of Ethics provisions and other company regulations results in disciplinary action, verbal or formal warnings, suspension, and termination of employment.
The application of disciplinary action, the characteristic and seriousness of the violation will be considered in accordance to the company rules and applicable laws. Concerns or questions in regards to interpretation, scope, or procedure relating to any matter regarding this guideline are considered by the Ethics Committee. They will direct specific questions to other departments when needed. The Ethics Committee must ensure and monitor the compliance with the guidelines and is responsible for providing recommendations to the board of directors for periodic improvements and updates.
Company’s Code of Ethics Guide
TBP always maintains a culture of ethics and compliance throughout the company group. We also have zero tolerance for bribery and corruption. We have made efforts to campaign for the code of ethics and the company's core values internally regularly to maintain the company's culture of ethical behavior. Therefore, we also expect the same integrity from the company we conduct business with. The followings are our guidelines in regards to creating an objective, fair, and professional work culture.
The followings are some behaviors that are in accordance to the company's Code of Ethics:
- Behave and act according to the Code of Ethics and follow company policies and rules, encourage and guide co-workers to do the same;
- Be positive professional, respectable, loyal, honest, respectful, trustworthy and show cooperation with other co-workers;
- Act impartially, objectively, honestly, respectfully, transparently, fairly and courteously in relations with management, employees, suppliers, customers, shareholders and investors;
- Act in accordance to the applicable laws;
- Preserve the company's assets, including its image and reputation, facilities, equipment and use it only for the purposes for which it has been designated;
- Defend the interests of the company, as well as diligently and responsibly in relations with authorities, customers, competitors, suppliers, members of the public, and all other individuals, companies, and organizations who work with the company in their routine activities, always try to maintain a good reputation, image, and relationship of the company;
- Ensure that communication and information shared with shareholders are carried out exclusively by authorized employees and comply to company policies, controls and procedures as well as the applicable laws;
- Not going into business relationships with companies or individuals that do not comply with ethical, health and safety, and human rights standards that are in accordance with the company’s value, including anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices adopted by the company;
- Prevent disclosure of any confidential, proprietary or sensitive information and strategies of the company that a person has access to, even if acting as a third party, or no longer working for the company, and maintaining the confidentiality of all privileged company information; and
- Act in accordance with social responsibility and respect for human dignity, as well as carry out daily activities by taking into account the health and safety aspects stipulated by the company;
The followings are some behaviors that are not in accordance to the Code of Ethics and may be subject to disciplinary act:
- Use position/roles for personal gain or other forms of favoritism;
- Discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, union affiliation, political or ideological beliefs, social class, conditions with special needs, marital status or age;
- Harassment of any kind, including sexual or moral that causes embarrassment or discomfort to others;
- Allow or promote political, religious or commercial propaganda on company premises;
- Provide special treatment or privileges to customers or suppliers that are contradicted to company policies and standards;
- Giving or receiving gifts/entertainment that goes against company policies and standards and as a means to exert undue influence or receive personal benefits or rewards for oneself or others;
- Interacting with the company's competitors in violation of applicable competition laws;
- Employing family relatives as direct or indirect subordinates or in positions that could result in a potential conflict of interest with the company;
- Using illegal psychoactive drugs in any location; and distorting the accounting numbers or characterization of items that might impact the management reports or the company's financial reports;